Reflection for the Day : 02/25/2021

 

                  We began working on a prompt about freedom and safety in contemporary society. My thesis is: Freedom and safety are valued poorly in today's society due to the lack of police protection, courtroom justice, and control over guns. The feedback I got from my teacher basically says that I contradicted myself in my thesis. I'm still confused on his feedback. I looked from the perspective of White America rather Black America, since there are more white people in office and our country was built upon the influence of white men. It wasn't until about a century ago did blacks in America start to be recognized for something other than being a slave. Even then blacks still had very limited rights. Coming back to present day, obviously a lot has changed including Americas rendition on Freedom and Safety. I say it's valued poorly because we have to riot and protest for our freedom and for our safety. If there are no protests then there would be no problem. That's the way I look at it, perhaps I'm not seeing a bigger picture. 

Comments